Thursday 14 November 2013

“I’m Very Angry…I Have Lost Money”! Nigerian comedian Julius Agwu, shares Issues with Nigerian Telecoms Brand

According to the top comic act, the telecoms brand granted a
third party access into his mobile line and illegally transferred
his credit in the process. The unidentified individual also
gained access into his credit card account.
Julius states that the incident happened when he traveled to
the USA to see his family

Read it below;
"While I was in America to see my new baby, I suddenly
realized that my Etisalat line was inactive. I couldn't receive
and make calls. I went to Etisalat office in Hilton to complain
and to discover what the problem was. I was told someone
asked the company to swap my line. I got very worried
immediately and queried them.
How could someone's line get swapped without the
authorization of the owner? Even as the owner of the line, I
would issue an authorization letter to effect that. I was
worried because I personally registered the line and I told
them I want to know the staff that granted the request but they
refused. It was however rectified that very day by one Miss
Joan and I was able to make use of the line again
momentarily, for that day only. I later made several calls to
the customer care and till now, nothing has been done.
Due to their negligence, I have lost few jobs because that is
the only line some clients could reach me on. Another painful
aspect of it all is that the person broke into my credit card
account and it was used in Rome and Milan. And as a matter
of fact, I didn't go to those places. I have to block the card
because I have lost money.
The credit on the line was also transferred to the new line by
the person who swapped it. There is a high level of impunity
in this country and nobody cares. I'm crying out so that
people can know how shameless and useless some brands can
be. I will take this matter to the Nigeria Communications
Commission (NCC) and National Human Rights Commission.
I should be fully compensated because even till now, the
problem has not been rectified."
It is quite sad.

No comments: