Wednesday 25 December 2013

"Why I Converted To Islam' - Nollywood Actress Vivian Metchie Opens Up

The divorced Nollywood actress Vivian Metchie says she
recently adopted the Islamic faith because she found the
Christian faith too confusing. Speaking with Yes! magazine
on her conversion, Ms Metchie said it was a personal decision
she had to take...

"Yeah it is personal. I understand the Koran more than
the bible. All of a sudden, the Christian confusion was
driving me nuts. My dad was catholic, my mum was
Deeper Life, I married someone in the Redeemed Church
and then all of a sudden, the few religions had something
bad to say about each other. I just couldn't take it anymore. A friend of mine who is close to me said that once you are grounded on the word, it wont be confusing.
Unfortunately, maybe I wasn't grounded in the word, but
I still could see what I see. But in my quest and study and
research, I don't know: I was probably looking for peace.
Yeah! That was what I was looking for and I found it in
the Koran".

The mother of 4 who has adopted Fareedah as her muslim
name says her decision was well received and respected by
her dad who has since stopped calling her by her native name
and now calls her Fareedah.

No comments: