Saturday 11 October 2014

Nigeria was not the target for my debut music album – Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji says her music album was not targeted for the Nigerian market Photo: Filed

Genny, who revealed this while speaking on Olisa Adibua's The Truth programme, in other words, means Nigerians were hardly considered when the album was being created.‎

According to her, the decision to venture into music was one made for her by her management team who thought it a wise business strategy. And by her estimation, it is a shattering success.

'It was a success. It sold everywhere they wanted to sell it although Nigeria wasn't the target, don't forget at that point, we weren't listening to Nigerian music' she said in defence of the album's success.

Asked if she would try her hands on music again, she replied': Definitely, I will do it a again but I wil do my own kind of song. I'm a soul singer'

The album, released in 2004/2005 had the popular track, No More on it.

No comments: