Friday 10 January 2014

Diva Gabrielle Union Kinda Blames Herself For Break With Dwayne; Gives Relationship Advice

Gabby's boyfriend of many years Dwyane Wade got his side
chick pregnant while on a 'break' with the actress...and she
kinda blames herself.

The newly engaged 41 year old beauty tells Glamour
magazine

When Dwyane and I broke up briefly in 2013, it was
because of distance and scheduling. I finished filming
Being Mary Jane, then I flew to Vegas right away to start
shooting Think Like a Man Too. I couldn't take time off,
and I missed some quality togetherness we desperately needed. Over the summer, I reassessed priorities. I'd always wanted an awesome career with back-to-back projects, but I realized I wasn't willing to sacrifice my relationship for it. Moving forward, I decided my work schedule has to make sense for our family. Bottom line: If an issue's a deal breaker, it's a deal breaker. If your relationship isn't something you're willing to give up and you can compromise, do so.

She also gives relationship advice......

DO forget your "type." It worked for me. When I met
Dwyane, his "résumé" looked like crap: athlete, going through
a divorce, nine years younger than me. None of that
screamed, "Let's have a lasting relationship." Then, after I had
a heart-crushing breakup with yet another immature jerk, I
thought, it can't be any worse if I date a fetus. Let's just see
what happens. Turned out he'd been on his own since he was
15. He had wisdom that comes with facing an insane amount
of adversity. He's sweet, funny, honest about his
shortcomings. When I put my preconceived notions to the
side, I found someone cool.

DON'T put up with a friend-versus-boyfriend tug-of-war.
Some friends act possessive and say, "You're not spending
enough time with me." Huh? Remember when we made our
vision boards and the dude was in the middle? You're
supposed to be happy for me. Thankfully, my girls are like,
"High-five!" And D likes to be around them too. If there's
weirdness, either something's wrong with the friends—or the
boy. Investigate. And sift accordingly.

DO show him your feelings daily. Dwyane generally gets
up before I do to go to the gym, and he's never left without
kissing me and telling me he loves me. As for me, I am
complimentary to the point where I am almost a little Chester
the Molester-y. I think he's so delicious. Watching him get out
of the shower never gets old. Never. It's not like he ever
wonders what I'm thinking, but usually he's thinking, She
needs a cold shower!

DON'T write off an ex (or get back together) without
really thinking it through. When you're debating whether to
go backward or forward, you have to look at the original
issue. [When Dwyane and I broke up briefly in 2013], it was
because of distance and scheduling. I finished filming the
show, then I flew to Vegas right away to start shooting Think
Like a Man Too. I couldn't take time off, and I missed some
quality togetherness we desperately needed. Over the summer,
I reassessed priorities. I'd always wanted an awesome career
with back-to-back projects, but I realized I wasn't willing to
sacrifice my relationship for it. Moving forward, I decided my
work schedule has to make sense for our family. Bottom line:
If an issue's a deal breaker, it's a deal breaker. If your
relationship isn't something you're willing to give up and you
can compromise, do so.

No comments: