Thursday 20 March 2014

I Am Nigeria’s Largest Private Employer Of Labour - Atiku Abubakar

A former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, said on Wednesday that he believes he is the largest private employer of labour in Nigeria.

Mr. Abubakar stated this in a series of tweets on his twitter handle, @atiku, while discussing the need to prioritise job creation in Nigeria.

"As an individual, I believe my record in employing young Nigerians is unrivalled by any single private investor in Nigeria #LetsTalkJobs," the former vice president said.

Mr. Abubakar, who has investments in media, shipping, education, and other sectors, said he currently employs about 50,000 people in his companies in Nigeria.

"Since the mid-80s, my private investments have generated thousands of jobs for Nigeria – currently standing +50,000 jobs #LetsTalkJobs"

"This jobs conversation however should not be about me, but our youth – there's a dire need to create more jobs #LetsTalkJobs When I say #LetsTalkJobs
"I'm talking about the private sector.

That's the most sustainable way to create jobs,"

Via: Premium times

No comments: