Saturday 23 November 2013

Confirmed: Wale not coming to Nigeria, says his flight tickets were not paid for

Wale Folarin will NOT be performing at the Ice Prince's
Fire of Zamani concert holding this evening November 23,
2013, the rapper has announced.

Speaking through his label's (Maybach Music Group)
Twitter account, Wale released a statement explaining that
he would not be travelling to Nigeria because apparently his
flight tickets had not been booked by the organizers
(Kilimanjaro Entertainment).

'To my Nigerian people. It saddens me to share this news
but I am not able to make it to the show in Lagos on 23
Nov because the promoter did not handle logistics. I was at
the airport in NYC trying to get on the flight but my tickets
were not paid for', Wale said in the statement.

Wale also disclosed that he wasn't getting paid to do the
show; '…so even if I wanted to do a free show it would not
be possible for me to get there'.

Finally he told his Nigerian fans that the ugly situation is
not the fault of Ice Prince or his label Chocolate City
Music and promised that he'll be coming to Nigeria soon
'This is not the fault of @iceprincezamani or
@choccitymusic but I will be in Nigeria soon'.

Ice Prince also tweeted about the situation: 'Morning
Lagos! I'm sorry to say this but my brother @wale is
unable to join us tonight! He's as sad as I am, but we
promise to make it up! See you guys later with all the fire
and surprises in the world! #FOZ'.

Yesterday, UK rapper Chip arrived Nigeria for the concert
which is expected to also feature the likes of Don Jazzy,
label mate M.I, Olamide, Burna Boy and others.

No comments: