Wednesday 9 April 2014

"I Dumped Nollywood To Have Babies" - Popular Actress Chidi Reveals

Nollywood actress, Chidi Ihezie-Okafor who took a break from the movie industry for a while is back.
In a recent interview, the actress opens up on her marriage and her movie career.

Explaining the reason behind her absence from the movie industry, the mother of four said that she had to leave acting in order to take care of her family.

"I have been on the other side of production; taking care of my family, particularly my children, they are too young to be abandoned for any reason, I needed to focus more on them.  I am a mother of four. That is a big challenge to me. I have also been very busy doing other things aside acting. It's not easy to be a wife, mother, actress as well as other roles attached to being all these. Honestly, it has been very challenging. God has helped me  and I'm back into the industry fully."

Asked what movies she's done since her return, she said she's done over 15 movies and played major roles in each and she's still working on more. Some of the movies include 'Freedom From Bondage', 'Two Sisters', released  this month and 'Mother's Betrayal'.

On whether she regrets the break, she said No because of the joy of seeing her kids grow around her.
When asked how she manages her home and career, she replied, "My home comes first. Combing the roles of a wife, mother, and actress is not easy.  But I have a wonderful and an understanding husband who loves my profession so I am blessed. I cannot compare anything to my home. Before leaving for a location, I take proper care of my home. I cook and prepare the whole place for the number of days I would be away."

This light-skinned actress is known for her ability to cry in almost all her roles. She has been in the Nigerian Movie Industry for over two decades and has featured in a number of movies which include, Deceiver, Fire on the mountain, 100% husband and others.

Culled from Daily Independent

No comments: