Saturday 12 April 2014

I keep my distance from Ali Baba's female friends — Who is Mary Akporobomeriere?

I grew up in Calabar, in a family of eight, seven were directly from my mom and I was the last child. Unfortunately, I lost my mum to cancer as I was about to get into the university. I refused to go to school for one year because of grief; as a result, I missed out  a whole session in the university. I eventually went to University of Benin to study theatre  arts. I did my Youth Service in Citizens Bank before moving to Platinum Bank which later merged with Habib Bank to become Bank PHB.

Our  relationship

He was a customer and I was his banker. I was drawn to him because he had the ability to simplify big issues and introduce laughter into difficult situations.

What I saw in Him

Although he is a comedian whose business is to make people laugh, he always believed that being funny is a serious business. There was that seriousness in him and determination to turn his laughter business into a major commercial success. As his banker, it was my duty to give him valuable financial advice along that line.

How I met him

I met him at work, he was a customer, I gave him the same kind of advice I gave to all the other customers. I counselled  them on how to properly plan their finances and generate wealth for themselves.

Attraction

I became interested in the person that he was. It was not about marrying Ali Baba, it was about marrying Atuyota as a person. I saw his qualities; the fact that he would make a good husband and father. In addition to that, his ability to make me laugh gave him an edge because I love to laugh.

Female admirers

At such times I walk away and just watch from afar. I cannot do anything about that. We go for events and people turn up and want to take pictures and all that. It comes with the territory and I give him that space because he needs it.
 

No comments: