Friday 13 December 2013

Court dissolves 15-year-old marriage for lack of love, peace

Mararaba - A Grade 1 Area Court in Aso Pada, Mararaba in
Nasarawa State on Friday dissolved a 15-year-old marriage
between a disengaged staff of the defunct PHCN, Mr Tijani
Sani, 55, and his wife, Lare Audu, 35.

At the resumed hearing, Sani reiterated his wish for divorce as
he no longer has any love for the wife, adding that he would
not want to have anything to do with her again.

The wife did not object to the husband's desire in seeking for
divorce.

The presiding member of the court on Islamic matters, Malam
Danladi Musa, dissolved the marriage and told the man to
collect the divorce certificate from the court registrar's office.

"The husband has maintained his desire to be legally
separated from the wife to which she did not object.

"I hereby dissolved the marriage between Tijani Sani and
Lare Audu," Musa ruled.

He also ordered Sani to give Audu N5,000 for transport back
to her village and also to assist her in the upkeep of their two-
year-old daughter.

It would be recalled that on Dec. 4, Sani had prayed the court
to dissolve his marriage to Audu.

On that date, Sani, who resides at Ruga, near Gwagalape in
the FCT, told the court that their 15-year-old marriage, which
is blessed with five children, has never known peace.

"Our marriage was performed under Islamic injunction over
15 years ago and blessed with five children.

"I have already divorced her according to Islamic procedures,
but I only want the court to confirm the divorce.

"This will enable me to get someone better to marry," he said.
Sani also prayed the court to order the wife to pack out all her
belongings from his house.

Lami, in her response, said: "I want the court to help me beg
him to provide an accommodation for me, to enable me stay
and take care of our last child who is just two years.

"The child is sick; she has a heart problem and cannot walk
and I am suffering with the child. Presently, I am sleeping in a
container near his 10-room-block building.

The mother of five also said that she had nowhere to go,
because her parents who stay in Idah Local Government Area
(LGA) of Kogi are facing serious challenges.

"My parents are staying in Idah LGA of Kogi and the 2012
flood left them homeless.

"I have nowhere to go," she had pleaded.

Via: NAN

No comments: