Saturday 25 January 2014

Must Read: ‘Maheeda has only seduction skills’: UK presenter, Minnie Marj speaks out

UK based actress/radio presenter, Minnie Marj, did a
review of Maheeda's "Naija bad girl" song, which has
generated a lot of controversy over the nude scenes which
she shot in her videos.

Miss Marj obviously not pleased with the video, had to
pen down a piece of her mind in the form of a review.
With Maheeda loving the controversy, we hope she reads
this one too.

Minnie Marj's review:

Yeah it is about that time where I grab my laptop in order
to do something that I am very passionate of: Writing and
sharing my point of view.

Nope, its not about a big celebrity that misbehaved in one
way or another. It is about this music video that is
currently trending. That naked Lady showcasing her
seduction skills rather than the usual dope, off the chain 16
BARS that we always expect a rapper to do, goes by the
name of Maheeda.

This video is stirring up much controversy , due to
Maheeda's naked self frolicking around for some overly-
hormonal gentlemen who seem to enjoy the spectacle. It's
a shame nobody will actually really listen to the song and
rate this artist according to her musical skills.
Aren't musicians supposed to deliver vocally or lyrically?
Lyrically speaking there are no punch lines in this session.
Sentences such as : Never find me in Okada…Me I break
a leg BUT you break nothing…If you think sey you spoil
Me I don rotten…

I'm a bad girl don't need to be told … Ema Dami Duro…
(No worries we aren't trying to stop you) And the list
goes on and on…. I actually closed my eyes because I
wanted to listen to the song and give credits where it is
due but in this case I will have to pass.

Credits will go to the Beat maker for a nice beat and the
director for a nice video. My opinion would be different if
we had a special Adult Channel where this music
video and other hardcore films would be pitched to.
This is the reality and we have none of this yet on our TV
channels based in Africa.

So what is Maheeda's market actually? Who is she
targeting with her visuals? Does she intend to always drop
her videos on Youtube? I guess this video would probably
be banned from Media houses unless they re-edit the
Clean Version because the existing Clean Version isn't
really Clean to be honest with you. I am not judging
anything here but please bear in mind that I am just
speaking from a professional point of view.

America would love and adore this video but this is Mama
Africa. Ain't Nobody got time for that?!? Well the
statistics say something else: 7K +views for the Clean
version and 50K + views for the Explicit version. What
happened to the Born Again musician??

Temptations,Temptations…. I would call this a Reverse
Reaction aka RR.

This is what happens when you slightly believe that
something will change your life because someone told or
convinced you that it will do so and NOT because you
deeply had the faith that it will BE so. It is not easy to
keep the faith especially when times are hard. You are a
true Born Again If You survive all tests God puts you
through with a bigger faith than you had before.

I don't even want to discuss about the pyramid symbol she
is dancing in.I know loads of you have concluded already
but please give her the benefit of doubt. To everybody out
there, please make sure you really become born again
because you are ready for a change and not because
someone told you that you have to change.

Cogito Ergo Sum. I'm out.

No comments: