Tuesday 21 January 2014

Photos: Man nearly drowns girlfriend by proposing under water

Anthony Taylor thought that proposing to his girlfriend
Stephanie Walker underwater during a scuba dive would be an
unforgettable romantic gesture - but it almost had a tragic
ending when she was so surprised she nearly drowned.

Mr Taylor, 27, and Miss Walker, 26, from Wolverhampton,
were on holiday in the Turkish resort of Marmaris in August
last year when he decided to propose.He approached scuba
diving instructors, who helped him make a laminated card
with the words ' Will you marry me?' written on it.

When they were 40ft below the surface of the water, Mr
Taylor showed the card to Miss Walker - making her gasp out
of surprise and filling her mask with water.

'I was originally going to propose to Stephanie over
dinner, or on the beach,' he said. 'But then I got a bit
creative.

'I had bought the ring before we set off on holiday. And
when I went to book the scuba diving trip, it got me
thinking. I drew up the signs with the instructors
beforehand.

Luckily, instructors were on hand to help the shocked woman
recover, and when she had regained her composure she
accepted the proposal.

No comments: