Saturday 22 February 2014

50 Cent Leaves Shady, Aftermath, Interscope Records

On Thursday, February 20, 2014, 50 Cent
announced that he and G-Unit Records have signed
an exclusive worldwide distribution and services
agreement with Caroline/Capitol/UMG.

This means the Southside Jamaican Queens rapper
has cut ties with former label Interscope Records,
Aftermath Entertainment and Shady Records, a
place he has called home for the past 12 years.
50 (real name Curtis Jackson) signed to Shady/
Aftermath/Interscope in 2002 and released one of
the remarkable Hip-hop albums of all time 'Get
Rich of Die Tryin''.

He also setup his own label G-Unit Records which
paraded at a time rappers Lloyd Banks, Tony
Yayo, Young Buck, MOBB Deep, M.O.P and
singer Olivia.

According to the Washington Post, 50 Cent is now
an independent artist. He has thanked Dr. Dre and
Eminem in a statement. Dr. Dre and Eminem run
Aftermath Entertainment and Shady Records,
respectively while Jimmy Iovine runs Interscope
Records.

'I have had great success to date with Shady/
Aftermath/Interscope and I'd like to thank Eminem
and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible
opportunity', 50 Cent said in a statement. 'I've
learned so much from them through the years. I am
excited to enter this new era where I can carry out
my creative vision'.

Eminem says he is grateful for his work with 50
Cent and that his friendship with 50 will not change.
In a statement released by the label boss/rapper, Em
says; 'Both myself and Shady Records are grateful
to have had the chance to play a part in 50′s career'.

No comments: