Thursday 7 November 2013

(Photo) Shizzi explains why he worked with Wande Coal on ‘Baby Face’

Nigerian beat maker Sheyi Shizzi Akerele who produced
Wande Coal's version of the controversial 'Baby Face'
single says he was 'only doing my job by making the beat
for Wande'.
The producer spoke hours after Don Jazzy and Wande
Coal engaged in a Twitter spat after Jazzy accused WC of
releasing a song he worked on without due credit.
In a statement release hours ago, and made available to
Source, Shizzi says 'I have heard and seen some folks rant
about me stealing production credit for Wande Coal's new
single "Baby Face" and I would like to clarify this issue. I
was only doing my job by making the beat for Wande and
that's what I did. I don't see any reason why people should
jump into quick conclusions without taking their time to
really dig into the matter for facts'.
He then went on to subliminally accuse Mavin
Records executive producer Don Jazzy of once taking
credit for a song he (Shizzi) produced back in 2011.
'Two years back, I remember I created a demo for Wande
Coal's 'Shawty Go low' and someone else took the credit. I
was in shock because i had plans to finish the song with
Wande and was hoping it would be released as a single
which i produced', Shizzi alleges.
Shizzi has been working with Wande Coal, Don Jazzy and
affiliates since 2006. He also worked on some songs with
the defunct Mo'Hits crew on the 'C.V' album but was
never given official credit for it.

Via: Thenet

No comments: