Wednesday 27 November 2013

Why I joined All Progressive Congress – Amaechi

PORT HARCOURT: GOVERNOR Chibuike Amaechi has
said he joined the All Progressive Congress, APC because
President Goodluck Jonathan failed to address issues raised by
the G 7 governors.
Amaechi who spoke Wednesday at the Port Harcourt
international airport, Omagwa assured that the APC would
protect the interest of all Rivers state people, adding that the
state had suffered untold neglect in the government of
President Jonathan.
"Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that
decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers
people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead
Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people
and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I
have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in
the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer
these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth",
he said
The governor who denied any face off with President
Jonathan said he did not join the APC to spite the President
but to further the interest of the state.

More details soon

Via: Vanguard

No comments: