Saturday 1 March 2014

Church Uses Rihanna/Robin Thicke’s songs For Advertisement

A church in Kenya has come under criticism for using pop
stars Robin Thicke and Rihanna lyrics to promote there series
of sermons to be held during services for the month of March.
The posters shows a picture of a young couple with lyrics and
tittles of secular songs even including the controversial sexual
book 50 shades of Grey.

Immediately the poster went viral, social media users and
critics alike began questioning the church's motive, They felt
the church is using this to attract members instead of focusing
on winning souls .

The church's leader Pastor D. Kuria defended this saying " If
people's reception to anything is what determines how you're
going to respond then you won't go very far. I feel as I look at
society, anyone who achieves great things often times goes
against the grain of society.

Would I tone it down? I don't know. But what I do know is
that we need to be bold,"

No comments: