Friday 25 October 2013

Robin Thicke Talks About Father Alan, Nudity And His Wife Playing A 'Groupie'

Robin Thicke is a man who needs no
introduction, especially not in 2013. His catchy
song "Blurred Lines," as well as its X-rated
music video, were the talk of the town all
summer. Elle sat down with Thicke for the
magazine's November issue to talk about
himself, his tunes, his gorgeous wife Paula
Patton and the man who made it all possible --
his famous father, Alan Thicke.

"My dad was single my whole pubescent period.
[Laughs] He had Ms. Alabama, Ms. Dominican
Republic -- every week," Thicke tells Elle. "I
was like, 'Dang, Pops.' He had an indoor
Jacuzzi, and he frequented it. The first time I
saw a naked woman was when I went to take a
shower one morning before school. I was like,

'Who is this girl in my shower?'"
So how did Thicke Sr.'s womanizing ways shape
the man Robin has become? "We were on
vacation and some pretty girl walked by. I
started ogling her like a 12-year-old boy, and he
said, 'I know she's pretty, but you stared at her
and followed her across the room. What if
there's a prettier girl sitting two tables away?

Now she's not going to feel special. She'll say,
"You look at all the girls like that." You've gotta
play it cool so you don't look like you're
desperate.'"
But desperate Thicke was not, since he managed
to land smokin' hot actress Paula Patton and
make her his wife (the two have been together
since they were 14!). Thicke says they are still
madly in love. "I like to take her out to a fancy,
six-course meal that lasts three hours and stare
into her eyes. Of course it's a little schmaltzy.
There's nothing women love more than an effort.
You can even mess it up. The shoes that you
bought don't have to be right. You might have
gotten the wrong chocolates. But she'll know if
you made an effort."

When asked if the two of them listen to his
music in the bedroom, Thicke admits: "Yes. In
fact, she likes to do it more than ever now.
Sometimes she'll even play groupie for me."

Umm, TMI?

For more with Thicke, head over to Elle.com.

No comments: